This veggie bean wrap recipe is an easy Mexican meal to cook up in the evenings.
Once you’ve done the first bit of cooking, you can keep the mixture in the fridge to make super quick meals later on in the week.
- Wraps 4
- Tinned chopped tomatoes
- Tinned mixed beans
- Other veg e.g. Carrots, sweetcorn, peppers
- Grated cheese
How to make veggie bean wraps:
- Prepare the veg by dicing up the carrots and peppers.
- Fry the veg in the oil for a few minutes over a moderate heat.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and mixed beans. Cover and leave to simmer for 20 or so minutes.
- Stir every 5 minutes.
- You can either use the bean mixture right away or let it cool before storing in the fridge until later.
- Line a baking tray in foil and pile on cheese down the centre of the wraps.
- Spoon on the bean mixture.
- Wrap up and add more cheese on top.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted.