This simple recipe will make delicious cheese, onion and chicken stuffed puff pastry wraps.
The numbers below will make for 2 wraps which can be served with a nice side salad.
- Puff pastry sheet Shop brought
- Leftover cooked chicken or 1 raw chicken breast
- 1 small onion
- 2 tomatoes
- Handfuls of grated cheese
- Beaten egg or milk Optional, for best results
- Salt, pepper and and herbs to taste E.g. thyme, sage or basil
How to make cheese, onion and chicken puff pastry plait
- If you don’t have any chicken ready, season a chicken breast with salt, pepper and dried mixed herbs or Italian seasoning and bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees or until just cooked through.
- Peel and dice up the onions, Chop up the tomatoes. Cut up the chicken if its not already.
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken, grated cheese, onion and tomato.
- You could also add some garlic, chopped pepper or sweetcorn.
- Season with salt, pepper and some dried or chopped fresh herbs to taste – e.g. thyme, sage or basil.
- Cut the puff pastry into roughly equal rectangles.
- Spoon the mixture down in the middle of each, leaving plenty of room around the edge.
- Cut slits into the edges and wrap these over the top to create a plait: Don’t worry about neatness.
- For best results, brush the pastry with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 220 degrees/200 degrees for fan ovens until golden and crispy.