Make up these yummy spicy and cheesy chicken enchiladas in less than 30 minutes.
You’ll want some enchilada sauce and spice mix, we used Santa Maria’s Enchilada Season & Sauce which come together as one product. Asda do their own cheap version too.
If you can’t find any enchilada seasoning you can make your own with this season mix here, or even do without if needs be.
- Chicken breasts 2
- Onion 1
- Enchilada sauce 350 g
- Enchilada spice mix
- Grated cheese
- Tortilla wraps 4
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
How to make easy cheesey chicken enchiladas:
- Peel and chop the onion
- Dice the chicken breast into bite-size pieces
- Heat a little olive oil over a high heat and cook the chicken pieces for a few minutes.
- Add in the onions and cook for a further few minutes until softened.
- Add in half the enchilada sauce, together with a good handful of grated cheese.
- Mix well, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Spoon the mixture into tortilla wraps and place into a baking dish.
- Top with the remainder of the enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle over grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees until cheese has melted.