A tasty and healthy curry recipe for students: Mix Chicken and sweet potato for this yummy student meal.
- Chicken or turkey fillets E.g. Thighs or breast
- Sweet potato
- Red onion
- Curry paste of your choice
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Handful of spinach
How to make Chicken and sweet potato curry:
- Prepare everything before starting by first peeling and dicing the sweet potato.
- Dice up the chicken/turkey and peel and slice the onion.
- Heat water in a saucepan to boiling point and cook the potatoes for about 8-10 minutes until soft. Once done, drain and set aside for now.
- Meanwhile, heat up the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add in the meat and onion.
- Stir the chicken and onion to avoid burning and cook until the chicken is browned all over.
- Add in the curry paste and stir everything together, cook for another 2 minutes. Meanwhile, put the kettle on.
- Add in 100ml of boiling water from the kettle to the frying pan and stir everything together well.
- Simmer for 5 minutes before adding in the spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes
- Add in the potatoes and cook for another 1-2 minutes before serving