Bake spiced chicken breast in the oven and serve with rice and vegetables for this simple student meal.
Taking less than 30 minutes, this recipe uses broccoli and carrots and will make for the one serving.
You can either cook up some rice or make things easier and quicker by using a microwave packet.
- Brown rice 3 handfuls = one person OR use a microwave packet
- Handful of broccoli Broken into smaller florets
- 1-2 carrots Peeled and chopped into bitesize pieces
- 1 chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Cumin or cayenne pepper (Optional)
- Butter (Optional)
How to make Chicken and Vegetable Brown Rice:
- Pat dry the chicken breast and season well with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Optionally add a pinch of cumin or cayenne pepper.
- Bake the chicken breast at 180 degrees for around 25 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil the brown rice (3 handfuls = one person) or you can use a microwavable packet.
- Break up the broccoli into smaller florets and peel and chop up the carrots into small pieces.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add a pinch of salt. Add the carrots.
- Once carrots begin to soften (around 5 minutes), add the broccoli and continue cooking for 3-4 more minutes until tender.
- Drain the veg and mix with the cooked rice. Season well with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. You can also stir in a little butter until melted.
- Serve with the cooked chicken on top.