An easy chicken enchilada casserole recipe that makes for a great student meal.
This recipe is really simple, VERY tasty and is a awesome new way to enjoy chicken enchiladas. It will serve around 4-6 people, depending how hungry you are!
We used Discovery’s Santa Maria enchilada sauce for this recipe and two large chicken breasts, together with some tortillas and grated cheese the whole thing works out very cheap too.
- Chicken breasts 2
- Tortillas 4
- Jar of enchilada sauce 1
- Grated Cheese
How to make easy chicken enchilada casserole:
- Start by chopping up the chicken breasts into a few chunks
- Over a low-medium heat, cook the chicken in the enchilada sauce, stirring occasionally
- Once chicken is fully cooked through (cut open to check) remove from the saucepan (keep the sauce!) and shred with a fork.
- You can now start layering the casserole in a big dish. Start with a layer of sauce at the bottom and place on two tortillas. You may have to fold them to make them fit.
- Add a layer of chicken, top with more sauce and then some grated cheese.
- REPEAT the layers. And again if you’ve got enough stuff.
- Bake at 180 degrees until the top layer of cheese has browned nicely, it should take around 15-20 or so minutes.
- ENJOY! Serve with some cool sour cream.