This creamy bacon & mushroom baked potato recipe make for a delicious and easy dinner or lunch.
This delicious topping for baked potatoes couldn’t be simpler with the numbers below making for the single serving.
Enjoy alongside some grilled tomatoes and a handful of rocket.
- 1 baking potato
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped
- Handful of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 big tablespoons of Creme fraiche
- 1 tomato
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to make Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Baked Potato
- Start by baking a potato: Prick with a fork and either cook in the oven at 220 degrees/200 degrees for fan ovens for 45 minutes to an hour. Alternatively, microwave for 5-10 minutes each side until soft throughout.
- Cut potatoes in half and allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, fry the chopped bacon in a little olive oil over a medium heat until crisp. Set aside.
- Add in the chopped mushrooms to the pan and fry for 5 minutes. Add in the chopped garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add the creme frachie and mix everything together and season with salt & pepper. Mix back in half the bacon.
- Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes and grill until soft.
- Add the creamy mushroom and bacon mixture over the potato and top with the remaining bacon.
- Serve alongside the tomatoes and a handful of rocket.