This easy burrito recipe combines spicy Cajun chicken, creamy sweet potato mash and cool sour cream.
This recipe will make for one burrito which can enjoy immediately or can be refrigerated for later.
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 Small Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- Handful of chopped lettuce
- 1/4 Red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tortilla wrap
- Sour cream
- Butter and milk Optional, for best results
How to make cajun chicken and sweet potato burrito wrap:
- Rub the chicken with a little oil and season with the Cajun seasoning.
- Peel and cube the sweet potato.
- Place the chicken and potato on a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through and sweet potato is softened.
- In the mean time, peel and slice up the red onion and slice up the lettuce.
- Mash the cooked sweet potato in a bowl with a little butter and splash of milk (both optional). Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice up the cooked chicken.
- Once everything is ready put it all together, starting with a tortilla topped with lettuce in the middle and the red onion.
- Add on top the sweet potato mash.
- Add on the chicken
- OPTIONAL: Add on some cheese.
- Add on some dollops of sour cream.
- Fold in the two sides and roll up to eat.