These easy Chicken Kievs couldn’t be simpler to make, requiring just the five basic ingredients.
This lazy recipe makes use of garlic & herb soft cheese to stuff the chicken breast, finished with a garlic and breadcrumb coating.
The numbers below make for the two servings and shouldn’t take much more than 30 minutes!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic & herb soft cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley (optional)
- Grated cheese (optional)
How to make an easy home-made Chicken Kiev:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees/180 degrees fan.
- In one bowl, beat the egg.
- In another, combine the breadcrumbs and minced garlic, together with the grated cheese and parsley if using. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pat dry the chicken breast with a paper towel and cut a pouch into the side with a knife.
- Stuff the chicken breast with the garlic & herb soft cheese.
- Dip the chicken breast in the beaten egg, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Next, coat the chicken breast in the breadcrumb mixture and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.