This broccoli and tuna pasta bake makes for a super cheap and easy meal.
This recipe requires just a handful of ingredients and will make 4-6 servings.
- 300g pasta
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped Or from frozen
- 2 tins tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 450ml milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 big handfuls of grated cheese
- 1 tomato (optional)
How to make broccoli and tuna pasta bake:
- Add the pasta to a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the pasta for the final 3 minutes. If cooking from frozen allow 5 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a baking dish with the drained tuna.
- Wipe the now empty saucepan with a kitchen towel and return over a low heat.
- Add the flour and butter and mix until a dark golden paste forms.
- Gradually whisk in the milk. Increase the heat and bring to the boil, continuing to whisk.
- Whisk for a further 2 minutes as the sauce bubbles.
- Add in handfuls of grated cheese and stir until melted into the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the the broccoli, pasta and tuna.
- Top with the other handful of grated cheese and optionally top with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake at 200 degrees / 180 degrees for fan ovens for 35 minutes.