These fajita chicken & vegetable toasted tortilla pockets make a delicious easy dinner.
You can quickly adjust this recipe depending on what you have in your fridge – peppers, onions, mushrooms and courgette all work. You can also substitute the chicken for pork or turkey.
This will take a little over half an hour and make for the four servings. Optionally enjoy with some cool sour cream.
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 peppers Any colour
- 400ml chicken stock From a cube is fine
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 packet fajita seasoning Could swap for taco or cajun seasoning
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, de-stoned and diced
- Grated cheese
- Cool sour cream (to serve) Optional
How to make Chicken & Vegetable Toasted Tortilla Pockets:
- Prep by dicing the chicken. De-seed and slice the peppers and peel and slice the onion.
- Season the diced chicken with half the fajita seasoning.
- Add a drizzle of oil over a frying pan in a high heat and fry the chicken all over for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- To the frying pan, add the peppers and onion and fry for 5 minutes. Optionally add other vegetables such as courgette or mushrooms.
- Add the remaining half of the seasoning and stir through for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato puree and stir for 30 seconds until coated the vegetables.
- Add the stock and stir everything together.
- Add back the chicken and allow the mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Split the mixture into the centres of the four tortilla wraps.
- Add on toppings such as chopped tomatoes, avocado, cheese to taste.
- Wrap up the tortillas around the filling.
- In a frying pan, heat a little oil over a medium heat and fry on each side for 1-2 minutes until golden and browned.
- Alternatively grill on either side or place in a toastie maker.