A super simple and quick Chilli Con Carne student recipe that takes just 20 minutes.
This easy Chilli Con Carne recipe makes for a great student meal on its own, or with rice (as described here) or on top of a baked potato!
The ingredients below will make for 4-6 servings.
- Beef mince (or quorn mince if vegetarian) 500 g
- Boil in the bag rice
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Tin of red kidney beans
- Red onion half
- Chilli powder
- Salt and pepper
How to make simple Chilli Con Carne:
- Place boil in bag rice in a saucepan of boiling water for around 20 minutes (or time stated on box). This will be finished at the same time as the chilli this way.
- Put a small amount of oil in a frying pan and fry mince until brown all over.
- Then add a tin of chopped tomatoes and a tin of red kidney beans, turn the heat down and simmer. Stir so all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Chop one red onion add this to the chilli for a bit of added crunch.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and chilli powder.