This Sausage, Bean and Veggie bake is a super easy healthy meal.
At less than 500 calories a serving, it makes for a delicious dinner that won’t leave you hungry for a while.
Plus, you’ll need just the one dish to make it and it won’t take you more than half an hour from start to finish.
The ingredients below will make for two good servings. If you’re particularly watching your calories, you could swap out the pork sausages for chicken sausages or turkey sausages.
And for an quick and easy vegetarian alternative, simply replace with veggie sausages.
- 4 Sausages
- Olive oil
- Mixed beans 400g can
- Salt and pepper For seasoning
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Courgette
- 2 Peppers
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
How to make Sausage, Bean and Vegetable Bake:
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees / 200 degree fan / Gas mark 7
- Meanwhile, peel the red onion and roughly cut up. Slice the courgette and de-seed and cut up the peppers.
- Add all the veg to a large baking tray together with the sausages and drizzle with a little oil. Give everything a good mix.
- Cook for 25 minutes, giving everything a mix half way through
- Drain the tin of beans and add them to tray. Stir everything together and season everything with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a final 5 minutes before serving