This one pan sausage and bean casserole makes for the perfect meal this winter.
This recipe is super easy to make and can be cooked in the one pot in less than an hour.
The ingredients below will serve 4-6. Optionally enjoy with some crusty bread, mash or rice.
- 12 sausages
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- Handful of mushrooms, chopped
- 75g chorizo, chopped or sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped Or lazy garlic
- 1 stock cube Chicken or vegetable
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley Or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tin butter beans, rinsed and drains Or other beans, rinsed and drained
How to make one pan sausage and bean casserole:
- Prepare by peeling and dice up the onion, deseed and chop up the peppers and chop the mushrooms. Chop up the chorizo.
- Add a little oil to a large saucepan and gently fry the sausages over a low-medium heat for a 5 or so minutes until browned on the outside. Remove and set aside.
- Add in the onions and fry for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add in the peppers and mushrooms and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped chorizo and fry for a few minutes until its oils begin to be released.
- Add in the garlic, paprika and cumin and stir through for a minute.
- Add back the sausages together with the chopped tomatoes and parsley. Crumble in the stock cube and stir everything together well.
- Allow to gently bubble away for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the drained tin of beans for a final 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Serve, optionally with crusty bread, mash or rice.