A simple classic: Here’s a simple how to Spaghetti Bolognese recipe for students.
- Minced beef 400 g
- Chopped tomatoes One standard sized tin 400 g
- Mushrooms 50 g
- Onion 1
- Beef stock cube 1
- Basil Optional 1 tsp
- Oregano Optional 1 tsp
- Add a little oil in a frying pan over a high heat and cook the mince until brown
- Slice the mushrooms and onions and add to the mince and continue cooking for a further few minutes. We also added red peppers and you could also add other veg such as diced carrots.
- Meanwhile make up 1/4 pint of beef stock and add to the mince with the chopped tomatoes
- Add in salt and pepper to taste together with the optional herbs and stir everything together. Bring to a simmer and cook covered for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with spaghetti (cook per pack instructions).