This Vegetarian Pasta Bake Recipe is packed full of your five-a-day.
This tasty student eat is also a great way to make use of leftover veggies to avoid them going to waste.
As well as being veggie and healthy, this pastabake is also super easy to make so why not give it a try?
The ingredients below will make for four big servings, but can trivially be doubled or halved if needs be.
This simple recipe shouldn’t take much more than half an hour to prep and bake.
- 150g Pasta / Roughly three big handfuls of dried pasta
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 courgette
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Grated cheese
How to make easy Vegetable Vegetarian Pasta Bake
- Peel and the slice the onion. Cube the courgette and dice the peppers. Slice the mushrooms. You can add lots of other veg you may have around such as aubergine, leeks, squash, etc.
- Add the veggies to a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and oregano, mix together and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. Give the veggies a mix or shake every 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta per pack instructions and drain.
- Remove the veggies from the oven (caution: it’ll be super hot) and add to the dish the pasta and tomatoes
- Mix everything well, add in the mixed herbs and mix again.
- Top with grated cheese (here an electric cheese grater is a must-have) and bake for another 15-20 minutes until cheese has browned.