These garlic and cheese chicken puff pastry parcels make for the super simple meal with just four ingredients.
This easy recipe will take around half an hour in total with the numbers below making for the one serving.
Enjoy with a side of your favourite vegetables.
- Puff Pastry 2 slices approx 1-2cm bigger than your chicken breast
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 tablespoon garlic & herb cream cheese
- Egg/Milk (Optional) For best results
How to make Garlic and Cheese Chicken Puff Pastry parcels
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees/180 degrees for fan ovens.
- Flatten the chicken breast slightly between two pieces of cling film or baking paper.
- With a knife, slice into the side of the chicken breast and open up a pouch.
- Spoon in the herb & garlic cream cheese into the chicken breast.
- Season the breast well with salt & pepper to taste.
- Cut two rectangles of puff pastry approximately 1-2cm bigger than the chicken breast.
- Place the chicken breast on top of one slice of the pastry and sandwich with the other on top.
- Seal the chicken inbetween of the two puff pastry slices by crimping the edges with a fork.
- Brush with beaten egg or milk for best results.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes until golden, ensuring chicken is fully cooked through.
- Enjoy with your choice of vegetables e.g. corn, greens, etc.