Greggs has unveiled a home-made recipe for its classic Sausage, Bean and Cheese Melt.
In a post on social media, Greggs has encouraged fans of its bakes to do some ‘GIY’ – Greggs It Yourself.
With stores currently closed across the UK, Greggs has shared how to make a homemade version of its Sausage, Bean and Cheese Melt.
They wrote: “If you’re craving a Sausage, Bean and Cheese Melt right now, we sadly can’t bake it for you, but here’s how to #GreggsItYourself”
Get the recipe and ingredients below which will make for two melts…
- Grated Cheese
- Tin of Beans & Sausages
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon of Milk
How to make your own homemade Greggs Sausage, Bean and Cheese Melt:
- Pour a tin of baked beans and sausages into a bowl. Alternatively, make your own by browning some sausages in a frying pan before adding them to a bowl with a tin of baked beans.
- In the bowl, slice up the sausages and mash the beans lightly with the back of a fork.
- Cut puff pastry into four squares of approximately 15cm by 15cm.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and beat with a fork before stirring in a tablespoon of milk.
- Wash the egg mix around the edge of two of the squares.
- Split the bean and sausage mix between the middle of the two squares and top with grated cheese.
- Place the remaining two pastry squares on top and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Cut slits into the top of the melts.
- Wash the tops with the remaining egg wash
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for around 20 minutes or until piping hot and golden brown.