A money saving student recipe favourite that’s meat free and so Vegetarian friendly: Hashbrown Casserole
Although if you do like some meat this recipe is really nice with some cooked bacon chopped up and added in to the mix.
This Hashbrown Casserole will makes approximately 8 servings. This casserole can be frozen and reheated when desired.
- Sour cream 1 cup
- Condensed cream of mushroom soup 1 cup
- Diced frozen hash browns 3 cups
- Shredded cheddar cheese 2 cups
- Your favorite vegetables 2 cups
How to make Hashbrown Casserole:
- Mix sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, hash browns and any desired vegetables in a large bowl until evenly distributed.
- Spread mixture in an 8×10 casserole dish. You could also mix the ingredients directly in the baking dish
- Add the cheese on top of the mixture and bake for approximately 45 minutes at 350 F or 200 C until cheese has browned.