This baked lemon & herb salmon, sweet potato and broccoli recipe is a simple healthy dinner.
This delicious meal can be eaten immediately or enjoyed later, making it a great lunch idea.
The numbers below will make for the single serving and take around 30 minutes.
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder Or one minced garlic clove
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional) Could also use a pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley Could swap for thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika or cumin
- Salt & pepper
- Handful of broccoli Can swap for cauliflower, brussels Sprouts, green beans or Asparagus
- Drizzle of olive oil
How to make Lemon & Herb Salmon with Sweet Potatoes:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees/fan 180 degrees.
- Dice the sweet potatoes into bite-sized cubes – skin on or off, it’s up to you.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle over a little oil. Season with salt and pepper together with either cumin or paprika depending on what you prefer or have to hand (if neither, you could also use rosemary).
- Put in to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until soft on the inside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salmon. In a bowl, melt a tablespoon of butter in the microwave (or over the hob). Mix in the lemon juice, garlic powder, parsley and – if using – the chilli flakes. Additionally season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat the salmon with the mixture and add to a lined or greased baking tray.
- Season the broccoli with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake the salmon and broccoli alongside the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Put everything together.
- Either serve immediately or allow to cool and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Can be eaten cold or at room temperature.