This spicy and healthy Turkey chilli is an easy one-pan dish that makes for a real tasty meal.
You can eat this chilli on its own, with rice, in tacos or save it for later, such as for lunch in the week.
The ingredients below will make for a good 4-6 servings.
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 500g turkey
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1 small tin sweetcorn
- 1 tin/carton chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
How to make healthy turkey chilli:
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan or saucepan.
- Peel and roughly chop up the onion. Peel then mince or finely chop up the garlic.
- Fry the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes
- Add the turkey mince and fry until white all over
- Add in the kidney beans, sweetcorn and chopped tomatoes, mix well.
- Add in the spices and stir in.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 30-40 minutes, covered, to allow everything to blend together.
- This chilli will last for days and makes for a nice for a nice lunch time meal too!