Gorgeous homemade chunky chips that can be eaten alone, as a side, or topped with any number of other foodstuffs!
How to make the perfect homemade chunky oven chips:
- Start by washing the potatoes and peeling them if you like, but you may prefer to keep the skin on.
- Chip the potatoes
- Cut the potato into approx 1cm thick slices.
- In turn, take each slice, lay flat, and slice lengthways into 1cm wide chips.
- Place the potatoes in a pot of boiling water over the hob for around 3 minutes, then remove them to a bowl and run under cold water.
- Drain well then pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Place into a baking tray, season with salt and cover with oil, and cook for 20-30 minutes at 250 degrees / 230 fan (or your oven’s highest setting).