Just like mum used to make! Here’s our brilliant homemade toad in the hole recipe that takes as little as 20 minutes.
- Sausages 4
- Plain flour 75 g
- Eggs 2
- Milk 200 ml
- Oil 1 tsp
How to make toad in the hole:
- In a baking dish, drizzle around the oil inside.
- Add the sausages and cook in the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
- While the sausages cook, add the flour to a big bowl and whisk in the milk and eggs until you’ve got a runny batter.
- Once sausages are partly done, remove from the oven and pour over the batter and return to bake for around 20-30 minute.
- Remove the finished dish once the batter has risen and is golden and crisp – keep an eye on it!