Quite a twist on the standard sausage and mash: Try this sticky honey sausage and sweet potato dinner.
This tasty dish is not only delicious but is easy to scale up or down to serve one or many!
The ingredients below make for four people.
- 8 Sausages
- 2 Sweet potatos
- 1 red onion
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (Optional)
How to make honey sausage and sweet potato bake:
- Roughly cut up the sweet potato into cubes or wedges (skin on or off, your choice) and peel and slice the onion.
- Add the potatoes and onions to a baking dish and toss with the oil, honey, garlic and seasoning.
- Add in the sausages
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees/180 degrees for fan ovens.
- Bake for around 30 minutes, giving the pan a shake a few times throughout (every 10 minutes or so) to ensure nice and even cooking.
- Ensure sweet potatoes are soft throughout and sausages are fully cooked through
- Optionally serve with a side of greens!