Italian Style Potatoes: A quick store-cupboard meal that fills you up. Also great for vegetarians!
- Potatoes washed and patted dry with kitchen towel 2
- Egg 1
- Salt and pepper
- Cheese, for topping, grated
- Mixed dried herbs
How to make Italian Style Potatoes:
- Cook the potatoes : Using a fork prick all over the potatoes’ skin. Place the potatoes on a microwave safe plate and, on the highest heat, put in the microwave for 4 mins.
- After this time flip the potatoes over and cook for another 6-8 minutes. To ensure a potato is fully cooked stick a knife into it, if it doesn’t easily slide off it is not yet cooked.
- While the potatoes are cooking place a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan on a high heat. Once the oil has heated break the egg into the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After a minute turn the heat down to medium and cook until yolk of egg is no longer runny.
- Add diced pepper, it doesn’t matter if the pepper is mixed with the egg or not, its just to warm it up.
- Take your cooked potatoes and cut them into chunks or it your prefer jacket potato style.
- With the microwave place about 4 tablespoons of pasta sauce into a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for about 2 mins. Meanwhile dice the fried egg.
- Place potato on plate, on top place sauce then diced pepper and egg. Add grated cheese as desired. Sprinkle mixed herb onto. Enjoy!