These loaded bacon & cheese sweet potatoes make for a delicious and easy dinner or lunch.
A straight forward recipe that couldn’t be simpler, the numbers below will make for the single serving.
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Handful of grated cheese
- 1 big tablespoon of Creme fraiche Could swap for sour cream
- Around 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chopped garlic and/or chilli (optional)
- Side salad (optional, to serve)
How to make Loaded Bacon & Cheese Sweet Potatoes
- Start by baking a potato: Prick with a fork and either cook in the oven at 220 degrees/200 degrees for fan ovens for 45 minutes to an hour. Alternatively, microwave for 5-10 minutes each side until soft throughout.
- Cut potatoes in half and allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, fry the chopped bacon in a little olive oil over a medium heat until crisp.
- You could also fry some chopped garlic and/or chillis together with the bacon.
- Carefully spoon out the sweet potato from the skins and add to a bowl with the bacon.
- Mix in the spoonfuls of creme frachie together with the parsley, salt & pepper.
- Mix everything together before spooning back into skins.
- Top with grated cheese and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has browned.
- Optionally serve alongside a side salad.