Combine two all time favourites with this loaded BLT baked potato.
Crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, chopped tomato and of course the humble potato are core to this delicious meal.
You can make these BLT jacket potatoes in less than 20 minutes with the help of the microwave or within an hour with the oven.
The ingredients below will make for the single serving.
- 1 Potato
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tomato Or handful of cherry tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Knob of butter
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (Optional)
- Handful of lettuce
- Mayo or ranch dressing
How to make Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato baked jacket potatoes:
- Wash the sweet potato and pat dry well with a paper towel.
- Use a fork to poke a handful of holes around the potato
- To microwave: Cook for 8 minutes, flipping halfway. Use a knife to see if the potato is soft throughout; if not keep cooking for a further 30 seconds each side until it is.
- To bake: Cook in the oven at 180 degrees for around 45 minutes or until soft throughout.
- Meanwhile, fry or grill the bacon per instructions until cooked to your desired crispiness.
- Pat bacon fry with a paper towel and cut up into bite sized pieces.
- Chop up the tomato or slice the cherry tomatoes.
- Allow potato to rest for a few minutes before cutting open.
- For the ultimate baked potato BLT, carefully scoop out the potato into a bowl with a good pinch of salt & pepper, half the bacon, a bit of butter and (optional) a tablespoon of sour cream or mayo. Mix well and and place back into the potato skin.
- Top with the remaining bacon, chopped tomatoes and lettuce.
- You could also add some diced avocado and/or a little grated cheese.
- Drizzle over mayo or ranch dressing.