This Cajun Chicken Rice dish is super easy to make with just 5 minutes of prep.
You need then just leave it to cook before enjoying!
The ingredients below will make for a good 4-6 servings.
- 500g Diced chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 Peppers
- 1 Red onion
- Cajun seasoning
- 175g Rice
- 350g water
- 1 small tin sweetcorn
How to make Cajun Chicken Rice:
- Start by prepping the veg: De-seed and cut the peppers into rough chunks. Peel and slice the onion.
- For the cajun seasoning, you can buy a packet or pot or mix together 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp garlic powder, 3 tsp paprika, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp oregano and 1 tsp thyme, and add red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- In a baking dish, add the chicken, chopped veg and sweetcorn.
- Add in the rice.
- Mix together and add on the seasoning and mix again.
- Pour over the water.
- Tightly cover with foil and bake at 200 degrees for 35-40 minutes