This easy and tasty chorizo and bean stew recipe requires just the one pan.
Needing just a handful of basic ingredients, this meal takes only around 30 minutes to cook and prep.
The ingredient and recipes will make for around 4-6 servings. Serve on its own or with crusty bread or jacket potatoes.
- 100-200g Chorizo, chopped
- Splash of olive oil
- Onion, peeled and diced Could swap for chopped celery and/or red pepper
- 1 clove of chopped garlic or a teaspoon of easy/lazy garlic
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 2 tins (800g) cannellini beans, drained Could swap for butterbeans or chickpeas
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh parsley (Optional) Could swap for rosemary or leave out
- 1 teaspoon paprika (Optional) Or a pinch of cayenne pepper
To make chorizo and bean stew:
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and add the chorizo for a couple of minutes until they begin to release their natural oils.
- Add in the onions and fry for a further couple of minutes until they begin to colour.
- Add the garlic and season with a teaspoon of paprika or a pinch of cayenne pepper for extra spice. Cook for a further minute.
- Drain and rinse the beans. You can use cannellini beans, butter beans, chickpeas or a mixture.
- Add the beans to the pan with the tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and chopped fresh parsley or rosemary. You could also add flavour with some dried oregano and/or a splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir well and simmer for around 15 minutes until the stew has thickened to desired consistency.
- Stir occasionally and add a little water if the stew gets too thick.
- Serve with crusty bread or jacket potatoes.