This Sausage and Baked Bean Casserole is cheap, simple and needs just the one pan.
Making use of basic ingredients and cupboard essentials, this recipe is a hearty, home-cooked meal that is easy to make and light on the wallet.
Serve this delicious one pot sausage and baked bean casserole with mashed/baked potatoes or crusty bread (or even just on its own).
The recipe below will make for four good servings.
- 8 sausages Fresh or frozen
- 2 tins baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 clove of crushed garlic or a teaspoon of easy/lazy garlic (optional) More or less to taste
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 400ml vegetable stock
- Seasoning to taste Salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, etc to taste
- Mashed potatoes, bread, etc. to serve (optional)
How to make Sausage and Baked Bean Casserole:
- Use a large sauce pan or frying pan for this recipe.
- Fry the sausages in a little oil until browned all over – around 10 minutes. Allow longer if cooking from frozen.
- Add in the chopped onion, carrots and garlic (if using).
- Continue to fry for a further 4-5 minutes until veggies begin to soften and colour.
- Add in the stock and bring to the boil
- Lower the heat and pour in the two tins of beans and mix everything together.
- Add any additional seasoning to taste – for example, a splash of Worcestershire sauce or pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Allow to simmer for around 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with additional salt/pepper/other seasoning to taste.
- Serve with mashed/baked potatoes or crusty bread