This one pan chicken and chorizo rice recipe makes for an easy and delicious meal.
We’ve used diced chicken thigh fillets for this recipe but you could also use chicken breasts. You also swap for diced pork.
Other substitutions and additions can be made with the vegetables. We’ve used red pepper and sweetcorn but you could add in or swap for courgette and/or peas.
The numbers below will make for four servings and take around 45-55 minutes.
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- Handful of chopped chorizo
- Around 400g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite size pieces Can swap for chicken breast or pork
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced Could swap/add courgette
- 1 tin sweetcorn, drained Could swap/add peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of crushed/chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon tomato purée
- 750ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 300g long grain rice
How to make One Pot Chicken And Chorizo Rice
- In a large frying or sauce pan with a lid add the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further one minute.
- Add the chicken, red pepper and chorizo. Optionally add chopped courgette if using.
- Fry for another 5 minutes and then add the tomato puree and stir everything together.
- Add the rice and the stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the rice has adsorbed most of the stock.
- Stir in the sweetcorn and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and optionally some parsley or coriander. You could also add a squeeze of lemon juice.