This tasty pork and chorizo recipe makes for an easy 30 minute meal.
Combine pork with spicy chorizo and vegetables for a delicious dinner.
Serve with sweet potato mash or fluffy rice.
- Around 150g pork
- Handful of chorizo Or other cooked spicy sausage
- 1 clove of chopped garlic or a teaspoon of easy/lazy garlic Or more to taste
- 1 small onion Any colour will work
- 1 pepper Any colour
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional, for the mash)
How to make Pork And Chorizo with Tomatoes and Peppers:
- Chop up the pork if not already. Pork tenderloin fillet is best but also the most expensive. If you’re on a budget, use cut up some pork chops. Season the pork with salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel and dice the onion, mince the garlic, chop up the peppers and cut up the chorizo so everything is ready to go.
- In a large frying pan, add the olive oil over a medium heat and add the garlic and onions.
- Fry for a couple of minutes until onions begin to soften.
- Add the chopped pork, peppers and chorizo and fry until pork has turned golden all over.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and season with the paprika, salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
- For the sweet potato mash, peel and dice up the sweet potato and boil in water in a saucepan for 15 minutes until soft. Drain and mash up with a tablespoon of butter, season with a little salt.