A warm and homely recipe to make up this winter: Try cooking up a quick homemade lamb casserole.
- Stewing Lamb 2
- Lamb stock cube Could also use veg stock
- 1 Leek
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- Stick of Celery
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Potatoes/Mash/Pasta/Rice To serve, optionally
How to make homemade lamb casserole:
- In a large pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and brown the lamb all over for about 5 minutes
- In the meantime, peel and dice the onion, peel and slice the carrots and slice the leek and celery.
- Add chopped vegetables to the pot and fry for 5 or so minutes until beginning to soften.
- Pour over around 400ml of stock, add in the chopped tomatoes and stir together well
- Bring to the boil then turn down heat and simmer for an hour or so.
- The meat should be falling off the bones, which you can either remove or keep in depending how you feel.
- Serve, either on its own or with mash, pasta, whatever takes your fancy