This quick sausage casserole recipe is fool proof! An ultimate student sausage casserole recipe that’ll be done within 30 minutes.
Although we reckon this tastes delicious with sweet potato, it’s still great with other potatoes too!
- Chicken or beef stock 450 ml
- Onion 1
- Garlic clove chopped finely or crushed 1
- Tomato puree 1 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce
- Potatoes peeled and cut into cubes 2
- Sausages 8
How to make a quick sausage and sweet potato casserole:
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan with the heat low, add the onion and fry for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the sausages under the grill or fry them until they are brown.
- Add the garlic and tomato puree and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often
- Add the stock and a splash of Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil. Let this simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cubed potatoes, bring it back to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Chop the sausages into chunks then add them to the pan
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.