This quick sausage casserole recipe is fool proof! An ultimate sausage casserole recipe that’ll be done within 30 minutes.
Although we reckon this tastes delicious with sweet potato, it’s still great with other potatoes too!
The numbers below will make for two servings.
- 500ml Chicken or beef stock
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Garlic clove chopped finely or crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce more/less to taste
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 sausages
- 1 teaspoon butter
How to make a quick sausage and sweet potato casserole:
- Cook the sausages under the grill or fry them until they are browned all over.
- Separately, melt the butter in a large saucepan with the heat low, add the onion and fry for 5-10 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the tomato purée and cook through for another minute.
- Add the stock and a splash of Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil. Let this simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cubed potatoes, bring it back to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Chop the sausages into chunks then add them to the pan
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Optionally finish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley before serving.