Cook up this warmly homemade roast chicken and vegetable pie in less than an hour.
This roast chicken pie recipe is enough to serve 6 in a large pie or make for 4 generously sized single pies.
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Butter 2 tbsps
- Carrots 3
- Stock Cube 1
- Plain flour 1 tbsp
- 1 pack of filo pastry
- Water 500 ml
- Dash of white wine - optional
How to make Roast Chicken Pie:
- Peel and chop both the carrots and onions and pop in a wide pan with the butter on a low heat to soften for 5 minutes.
- Put the wine in now if you wish to add it then add the flour in and mix so the sauce becomes a paste.
- Pop in the stock cube and 500ml of boiled water and leave to simmer for a few minutes, then add in the shredded chicken.
- Remove from the pan, pop in a baking dish and put the pasty over. Pop in the oven for 30 minutes at 180.