This Baked Bean and Sausage Pasta Bake recipe is the ultimate lazy student dinner.
Real comfort food made using a handful of cheap ingredients, this meal will be ready in less than an hour.
And it couldn’t be easier to make, so why not give it a go?
The recipe below will make for 4-6 servings.
- 300g dried pasta
- 6-8 sausages Fresh or frozen
- 2 tins baked beans in tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 clove of crushed garlic or a teaspoon of easy/lazy garlic
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped Or half a big onion
- Seasoning to taste E.g. Salt, pepper, chilli flakes, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar etc
- Grated cheese
How to make Sausage and Baked Bean Pasta Bake:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees / 180 degrees fan
- Cook the pasta per packet instructions in lightly salted boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- In the mean time, roughly chop up the sausages and fry in a big pan for around 10 minutes until browned all over (if cooking from frozen allow extra time). Turn regularly.
- Add in the garlic and onions and fry for a further 5 minutes, ensuring the sausages are cooked through.
- Add the baked beans, together with around 3 tablespoons of ketchup and seasoning to taste: Salt, pepper, chilli flakes, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar etc.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta and stir everything well.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- You top with grated cheese, breadcrumbs or even crushed ready salted crisps.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the topping is golden.