A very cheap student meal: A super simple sausage and bean cheese melt
The ingredients below will make for a good meal for two or three people, multiply for more people.
- Sausages 2 per person
- Potato 1 medium/small per person
- Beans About half a tin per person (use fridge packs!)
- BBQ sauce 2-3 tablespoons per person
- Grated cheese
How to make a sausage and bean cheese melt:
- Peel (optional) and cube the potato before boiling over the job for 10-15 or so minutes
- Meanwhile, in a little oil over a medium-high heat (use 1kal frylight spray if available!) brown the sausages in a frying pan.
- Place the sausages and potato cubes in a baking dish
- Top with the beans and add in the BBQ sauce, mix together with a spoon.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 180-200 dgerees until cheese has fully melted, generally about 15 minutes.