A tasty mash potato and sausage bake that makes for a great student meal on cold winter nights.
Turn the classic bangers and mash into something slightly different!
You’ll want some mashed potato for this recipe, either made from microwave mash, instant powder mash or from mashed boiled spuds.
- Sausages 2 per person
- Onion About 1 medium for 2-3 peple
- Gravy Made up from granules 250 ml
- Mashed potato As much as you need to cover your baking dish
How to make a sausage and mash potato bake:
- Start by frying the sausages over a low heat.
- While they cook, peel and chop up the onion and make up the gravy from granules, per pack instructions.
- Once sausages are lightly browned all over, add in the sliced onion and gently cook for 10-15 minutes./li>
- Allow the onions to soften and the sausages to continue to brown.
- Add in the gravy and allow the mixture to simmer and thicken, stirring occasionally to avoid burning and sticking.
- After ten or so minutes, transfer to a casserole dish or similar then top with the mash.
- Optionally top with a handful of grated cheese before bake at 200 degrees for 20 or so minutes until just browned.