Vegetarian food needn’t be bland salads! These bean and rice burritos are a great easy one-pot meal.
The ingredients for the recipe below will make for a good 4-6 burritos which you can finish off with your favourite burrito toppings such as sour cream, guacamole and cheese.
You can pick up packs of taco seasoning from most supermarkets or make your own to taste with a mix of herbs like this one.
- Taco seasoning
- Mixed mexican beans 400g tin
- Tortilla wraps
- Guacamole, sour cream, grated cheese To serve
How to make these Bean and Rice Burritos:
- Peel and roughly dice the onion.
- Heat a little olive oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add in the onion and half the taco seasoning. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add in the mixed Mexican beans, tomatoes (chopped up) and sweetcorn and mix well.
- Add in 3 tablespoons of water and mix again, bring to a boil.
- Add in the quick cook (microwave) rice and mix together.
- Cook until the rice has adsorbed all the water and has softened.
- Spoon the mix down tortillas and top with sour cream, guacamole, salsa and cheese to taste.
- Roll up burrito style and enjoy!