Once you’ve tried this quick and tasty homemade pizza, you won’t go back to pricey takeaways.
Only a few ingredients are needed to create a great pizza and this recipe is perfect for using up leftover lumps of cheese and vegetables. For a meat feast try topping with some bacon strips or add tuna to create a protein rich meal.
- 200g self-raising flour
- 200ml plain, low fat yogurt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Passata tomato sauce (or save some pasta sauce)
- Cheese of your choice
- A selection of toppings (olives, red onion, peppers and spinach go beautifully)
How to make homemade flatbread pizza:
- Make the dough by mixing the flour, baking powder, salt and yogurt together. If the dough feels a little sticky, add a little more flour.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and gently knead by working the dough with the palms of your hands. After a couple of minutes of kneading, transfer the dough to a bowl, cover and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Split the dough into two (this will make two dinner plate sized pizzas) and roll to a thickness of about 0.5cm. Heat the grill to 180C.
- Heat a frying pan on the hob (dry, no oil is needed) and cook the pizza bases for around 1-2 minutes on each side. Once they’ve risen and have turned a lovely golden brown, remove from the pan and add your toppings.
- Start with a layer of passata and then add vegetables and cooked meat. Top with chunks or slices of cheese and place under the hot grill. After around 2-3 minutes you should have a beautiful, melty pizza!