This simple Spanish-style Chicken and Vegetable Tray Bake makes for an easy delicious dinner.
We’ve used chicken legs for this hearty home-made recipe but you could also use chicken thighs, drumsticks or breasts.
The numbers below will make for two servings and take around 45-55 minutes.
- Two chicken legs, skin on Could swap for 4 chicken thighs, drumsticks or 2 chicken breasts
- Handful of baby potatoes, quartered
- Handful of chopped or sliced chorizo
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 3 tomatoes, quartered Or handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika More/less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano More/less to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced/chopped More/less to taste. Could swap for garlic powder.
- Salt & pepper
How to make Spanish Chicken & Vegetable Tray Bake
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Chop up the potatoes into quarters.
- Place the potatoes on a large baking tray. Drizzle with a little oil or a add few sprays of cooking spray. Season well with salt & pepper and bake for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time, roughly slice up the onions and peppers. Slice or chop up the chorizo. Chop the tomato in quarters.
- In a bowl, mix the 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, 1 clove of crushed/chopped garlic and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Feel free to adjust the amounts to suit your taste.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and add the other vegetables to the tray. Pour over around 1/2 the sauce and mix together to coat.
- Place the chicken on top and brush with the remaining sauce.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180 degrees. Bake for a further 15 more minutes.
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven and spoon any of the sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake for a final 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are soft all the way through, vegetables are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked through.