A meal for one or ten, here’s our easy how to fajitas recipe that’s sure to please hungry bellys.
- Chicken Or Turkey. Cut into strips. 400 g
- Peppers Any colour 2
- Onion 1
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Black pepper
- Olive oil 2 tsps
- Lime juice Not essential 1 tbsp
- Tortilla wraps 2
- Cheese To serve. Grated. Optional
- Sour cream, salsa, guacamole To serve. Optional.
- De-seed the peppers and cut into strips. Peel and cut the onion into strips. Cut the chicken into similar sized strips if it’s not already.
- Put the chicken, peppers and onion into a bowl along with the cumin, paprika, black pepper, lime juice and one tea spoon of olive oil, mix it altogether and leave to marinade for a few minutes. (Alternatively place in the fridge if you want to cook it later)
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil on a pan over a high heat.
- Cook the chicken, peppers and onions for 5-10 minutes. Keep them moving so nothing gets burned!
- Remove from the heat and place into a bowl or on a plate, or even just serve in the pan (Just make sure you place it on something heatproof!)
- Serve the chicken mixture alongside the tortillas, cheese, salsa, sour cream and guacamole for people to build their own fajitas to their tasting.