Here’s a super tasty and relatively easy student recipe for homemade vegetarian lasagna.
This guide is fairly straight forward, and the end result is an Italian-esque dish packed full of veggies.
We used Dolmio white sauce for this, but you can easily whip up your own over the hob with some milk, butter and plain flour.
This vegetable lasagne recipe will make for a good 4 servings.
- Large courgette 1
- Peppers 2
- Onion 1
- Tin of sweetcorn
- Tin of tomatoes
- Mushrooms 10
- White sauce / Béchamel sauce Or make your own with milk, butter and plain flour
- Mixed herbs Or stir-in stock veggie cube 1 tsp
How to make an easy vegetarian lasagna:
- Start by cutting up your veggies. Easy.
- Fry in the chopped onions over a medium-high heat in a little oil.
- After five minutes, add all of the other veg and the tinned tomatoes and mix well.
- Season with some mixed herbs (if available) or with a stir-in stock cube.
- Let the mixture simmer for around 15 minutes until it has thickened a bit and the veggies have become soft.
- To make your own white sauce, melt two big tablespoons of butter over a medium-low in a sauce pan and add in two tablespoons of flour and mix. Slowly pour in milk while stirring until you’ve a smooth and creamy sauce. You can add some grated cheese for an extra cheesy lasagne if you wish.
- Now take a baking dish and pour half the mixture into a layer on the bottom. Top with some of the white sauce, and add on a layer of lasagna sheets.
- Repeat the process.
- For a slightly less calorific dish you could not use the sauce in the layers and/or only make the one single layer.
- Now top it off with a final layer of white sauce only.
- And add some grated cheese on top
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30 or so minutes until lovely and golden brown.