Give sausage and mash a punchy twist with this tasty tomato-based stew featuring chilli and Chorizo.
For extra tastiness, mix grated cheese in with your mash before serving.
- 2 sausages per person
- A handful of sliced chorizo (or sliced Pepperami)
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 2 potatoes per person
- Knob of butter
- Salt and pepper
How to make Spicy sausages and mash:
- Begin by peeling the potatoes and cutting into small chunks. Place in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Once the water is boiling, cook the potatoes for 20-25 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork.
- While the potatoes are cooking, gently fry the onion and chorizo until the golden oil from the chorizo starts to colour the pan.
- Add the sausages and fry until they start to turn golden brown. Add the chilli and fry for a couple more minutes. Add the tomatoes and a splash of water and bring to the boil. Cook for around 20 minutes on a medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are tender, drain and mash with butter and salt and pepper. If they seem a little dry, add a small splash of milk.