Cook up these hot homemade spicy sweet potato wedges using this simple recipe.
These more-ish wedges are dangerously delicious and can be served alone with your favourite dips or form a side to a bigger meal.
As a very rough guide, 1 sweet potato will provide 2 servings but it all depends on how hungry you are!
- Sweet potatoes
- Garlic powder Could swap for onion powder
- Cayenne pepper Could swap for cumin powder
- Parsley (Optional)
How to make Spicy sweet potato wedges:
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees or 200 (for fan ovens)
- Optionally peel the potatoes. Slice each of the sweet potatoes in half length ways.
- Lay each half cut side down on a chopping board and cut into horizontal wedges.
- In a bowl (or sandwich bag) add the wedges together with a teaspoon of oil and mix.
- Season. Amounts will vary depending on number and size of potatoes, as well as how spicy you want it. As a guide, about 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper per potato. We also added a sprinkling of parsley. Adjust the amounts to taste. You could also add some black pepper and/or chilli flakes if you wish.
- Not a fan of spice? Season with dried mixed herbs instead!
- Lay the wedges out in a single layer on a lightly greased baking tray (use a little oil or cooking spray).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway. Exact cooking time will vary, put a fork through to see when they’re soft inside.
- Optionally season with salt to taste to serve.