Make easy homemade stuffing and sausage rolls with this simple recipe.
This cheating method produces great results and is pretty much foolproof.
The numbers below will make for 4 large sausage roles or for up to 20 mini sausage rolls.
- 1 ready roll puff pastry sheet
- 1 pack of 8 sausages Or around 400g sausage meat
- 1 packet of stuffing mix Or fresh stuffing
- 1 beaten egg or milk
How to make Stuffing Sausage Rolls:
- Make up the stuffing mix per pack instructions and set aside – don’t cook it.
- Lay out the puff pastry sheet and cut in two length ways to get two large rectangles.
- Divide the stuffing mixture in half and add across the middle of each puff pastry rectangle.
- Cut open the sausage skins and add the meat to a bowl. Season as necessary.
- Divide the sausage meat in two and add on top of the stuffing across the middle of the puff pastry rectangles.
- Roll each of the pastry rectangles around the sausage and stuffing centre and crimp it closed tightly.
- Cut a few slits on the top.
- Cut each of the rolls in half for four sausage rolls. Alternatively, cut into smaller sausage rolls of desired size.
- Brush with beaten egg (or milk).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 200 degrees in the oven until golden.