If you’re in the mood for a roast dinner but, well, can’t be bothered to cook one this recipe has you covered.
It’s not quite a full Sunday roast but this super lazy roast chicken meal takes just 20 minutes, even quicker if you use for extra creating methods.
Pick up some ready roasted chicken in the shops, together with some potatoes or instant mash and get ‘cooking’.
- Potatoes Or instant mash if SUPER DUPER LAZY
- Knob of butter and splash of milk
- Yorkshire puddings Or make your own with milk, eggs and flour
- Frozen veg
- Roast chicken Already cooked
- Gravy granuales
How to make a cheating lazy roast dinner:
- If making your own mash, peel some potatoes and chop up into chunks. Boil in water in a saucepan over the hob for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- When the potatoes have softened (a knife should slide through), drain and return to the saucepan with a knob of butter and a splash of milk (for best results) and mash. Alternatively, make up the instant mash if using that.
- Cook the Yorkshire puddings per pack instructions, should take only 5 or so minutes for them to crisp up nicely. Alternatively you can make your own Yorkshire puddings.
- While they cook, make up some gravy per pack instructions.
- Add the frozen veg to a bowl with a tablespoon of water, cover with clingfilm and pierce a few holes before cooking in the microwave until soft (about 2-3 minutes).
- Heat up the chicken per the pack instructions.
- Put everything together on a plate and serve!