A super simple and straightforward curry recipe for students, using sausages and potato.
It’s quite the spin on the British classic of Bangers and Mash!
- Sausages As many as you like!
- Potatoes About 1 per person
- Curry paste of your choice
How to make easy sausage curry:
- Peel and chop the potatoes into rough chunks, about 3-4 chunks per medium-sized potato.
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the potatoes for about 10-15 minutes until just soft.
- Drain well and set aside
- Meanwhile, while the potatoes are cooking, heat a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan and brown the sausages. You could grill them if preferred.
- Carefully (they’ll be hot!) cut up the sausages into bite size chunks.
- Return them to the frying pan with the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Fill and put the kettle on. Meanwhile, in the frying pan, add in the curry paste, stir it altogether and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and pour in about 100ml of boiling water. Allow to simmer for around 10 minutes. You should cook any rice you may want to serve with in this time.