Learn how to make super simple, no nonsense sausages and mash with this easy recipe.
You need just four ingredients for a tasty home-made dish that’s great for cold winter nights – yummy comfort food!
You’ll want some mashed potato for this recipe, either made from microwave mash, instant powder mash or from mashed boiled spuds. Add a splash of milk and butter for ultra creamy mash, and mix in some grated cheese for an extra twist.
- Sausages 2 per person
- Onion About 1 medium for 2-3 peple
- Gravy Made up from granules 250 ml
- Mashed potatoes As much as you want
How to make a super bangers and mash:
- Start by frying the sausages over a low heat.
- While they cook, peel and chop up the onion and make up the gravy from granules, per pack instructions.
- Once sausages have begun to brown, (about 5 minutes), add in the sliced onion and gently cook for 10-15 minutes until softened
- Once sausages have fully browned all over, add in the gravy and allow the mixture to simmer and thicken, stirring occasionally to avoid burning and sticking.
- After ten or so minutes, serve with the mash!