These simple and delicious tuna enchiladas make for a quick and easy midweek meal.
This is a tasty dinner using a handful of cheap and basic ingredients that will take around 30-45 minutes.
The numbers below will make for two servings.
- 1 small onion
- 2 tortilla wraps
- 500g passata Could swap for chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained Could swap for black beans
- 1 can tuna, drained
- Grated cheese (optional)
- Chilli powder or paste (optional, amount to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (adjust to taste)
- Salt & pepper (amount to taste)
- Olive oil
How to make super simple Tuna Enchiladas
- In a pan fry the peeled & chopped onion in a splash of oil for 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further 30 seconds.
- Optionally add around 1/2 teaspoon (add more/less depending how spicy you want it) of the chilli powder or paste and stir through for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes or passata, tuna and beans.
- Season to taste with the salt, pepper, cumin and paprika.
- Allow to simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish, split the majority of the mixture between two tortilla wraps and fold up.
- Pour over the remaining mixture on top.
- Optionally sprinkle over some grated cheese.
- Bake at 200 degrees/180 degrees fan for 15 minutes.
More on: Beans Cheese Enchiladas Garlic Mexican Onions Tinned Tomatoes Tortillas Tuna Fish Healthy Mains